Tuesday 29 April 2008

printing basics references


Epson Stylus Photo 2400 Specifications - Epson.co.uk

If I'm to print a full size A3 print on of of these printers, I can print right to the edge if I choose the right settings in the printer driver? Otherwise the margins are 3mm left/right, 20mm top/bottom.

A3 paper: 297mm x 420mm/11.7" x 16.5"

I'm not planning on doing this anyway but I think it's important to know the printable area when you start prepping for printing in Photoshop.

Ok, now I'm confused. Why is an A3 printer suggesting it can print a larger area than the surface of the paper? I'm going to make a new canvas in Photoshop, the size of an A3 minus the margins (assuming you have to do it for each 4 sides). That will be:

291mm x 380mm


I'm moving my images onto this canvas, resized for printing at:

35cm x 18.92, pixels, 2480 x 1341. Resolution of 180. 
Cross your fingers xx

No comments: