Tuesday 29 April 2008

obsessional organisation

One of the reasons I started this was blog was to increase my productivity. I suffer from a very unreliable memory, so this is a great way for me to store information that I would like access from later and from somewhere else. I also really want to establish an effective workflow, now, while I'm still at uni, for projects, life, work... everything. For me that involves writing and recording... and of course documenting.

A big part of this process can be very simple - lists. But scribbling indecipherable jibberish on random scraps of paper tends to end up lost (and then found again in found) and useless. So listography is now where I transfer my scribbles, so that I can cross things off (good for the soul), and continue to update all those things I don't want to forget. It would make a good home page for anyone who's likely to get lost in internet infomania, instead of doing all those constructive things you dialled up for. It's pretty basic, and offers a much prettier version in old-school paper style... but this works for me.

Update: I found a better alternative for the list and to-do addicts... Remember the Milk. Its cool check it out. If you wanna be nosy and stalk me there too you can probably search for me... jeanc!

No comments: