Wednesday 16 April 2008

everything is illuminated

Now that I've narrowed the subject matter down to people engaging in screen-based (mostly narrative-driven) activities, I have to deal with the technical realities of it. Many of these devices (mp3 players, cameras, portable gaming consoles & mobile phones) illuminate the face of the viewer. But not well enough for photography in the lighting conditions I want (dark, Crewsonesque). So I'm going to need to increase the radiant glow. This is what I will need:

- unwanted device bodies
- used disposable camera's (for the flash)
- someone on instructables, photojojo, makezine, or maybe even flickr groups to have already worked it out for me.
- some kind of diffusing system, probably gels too.

Or maybe a snoot or two will do the trick? I really want light to play a big part in this. I want it to be beautiful... not just a means to an end.

Time to experiment. And research... I'm sure this has been done countless times before.

No comments: