Friday 31 October 2008

Appendix A - Order & Chaos: There's No Place Like Now (Them)

My Grandad will often let himself in early on a weekday morning. He brings bread, the second bakery on Batman Avenue gives him plenty for the possums. It took me a long time to accept the possum bread as ok. It’s a gift. But it did initially remind me of when the cat brought us dead birds. Anyway, it’s ok for toast.

The new German supermarket is opposite and up a bit from Batman Ave. We started getting some extras with the bread. Baked beans, tinned minestrone, alarm clocks, LED torches, and a pretty decent frozen strudel....

I was a bit excited when he bought himself a compact digital. I was truly surprised however when I realised he wouldn’t anytime soon comprehend the concept of menus, folders, tabs. How do you explain something so natural to someone who finds it equally foreign?

No comments: